Financial Situation : Serious
Current Work : None
Job Ends : N/A
Next Job : None Scheduled
My client bid fell through. I haven’t heard from Jesco.
I seem to have my foot in the door for some part-time restaurant work. It sounds like I’ll get a call-back about scheduling this weekend. Also, a manager at a private club is supposed to begin callbacks tomorrow about a bartender position. It’s a low-volume laid-back atmosphere and quite possibly a perfect scenario for a break-in that’s just learning the trade.
None of this is very lucrative. But being camp is 7 miles out of town I think it would pretty much cure me of certain temptations like dining out and spending money. I could live pretty lean in this area quite easily — and I’d have to.
I’ve done just about all I can at this point. The Fayetteville area is not exactly rich with opportunity. I’ll need to make a decision by Monday, which is probably the very latest I should leave if I’m going to head to Texas in the hopes of working with the pipeline. I browsed the Craigslist in the San Antonio area and there seem to be a lot of server positions down there if that’s what I need to fall back on. I dread the thought of traveling right away, though — my rig isn’t travel-worthy yet.
I’ll probably go ahead and book my summer job in Las Vegas pretty soon — it seems they want an answer in the next couple weeks. Even though I’ll have $1500 in immediate costs I just can’t see me coming out any better by summer’s end anywhere else.