Things are still feeling rather hopeless with my health issues. The surgeon does not want to perform the cornea transplant. He wants me to go to a specialist that fits hard contacts to hold my corneas in place. This, to me, seems like a long shot at best. Event more discouraging is the potential out-of-pocket costs — up to $2500!
I may postpone this Friday’s session until I get a clear understanding of what I’m getting into. After all, the consultation alone is $500 and, if the contacts are nearly $2000 — what happens when I lose one? What are the chances this will even work at all? Is there someone else in Nevada, perhaps in Reno, that may be covered by my insurance?
I was selected to work at the Venetian in September!
This is a huge relief. It fills in a work gap nicely while I continue these doctor’s appointments and hit the gym for a couple months. I have to believe I’ll have a lot resolved by the end of September and be totally prepared to head towards Reno/Tahoe and beyond. I see myself camping in Northern California during the colder months and the Northwest as much as I can.
I can fly out for work. I’m applying for November events in Florida and North Carolina. In the spring I’ll be shooting for an Atlantic City event.